We’re getting one of those leaden-sky cold fronts that comes through every now and again. Looking out the window, I see that the sky now displays a vaguely striped pattern. The light is very cold, very blue, and finally wintry looking. The trees hardly move, and I can’t see a single bird. I love being outside on days like this when everything seems quiet and just waiting.
- Margy: I participated in the GSA & BSA Jamboree...
- Joseph Harker: Thanks for the shout-out, and congrats on...
- James Brush: I agree. Sticking with one text was a really...
- James Brush: Thanks!
- craftygreenpoet: Erasure poetry is fascinating, specially...
- craftygreenpoet: I love this,
- James Brush: Thanks, Dave. I’m really enjoying your...
- Dave Bonta: Glad to have helped spark this. I love it!
- Ron: I enjoyed reading about your first build as I just...
- James Brush: I’m doing a few more with Poe whose...
I usually write about…
- Austin (72)
- backyard wildlife (57)
- birds (156)
- blogging (50)
- books (138)
- food & drink (14)
- greyhounds (137)
- links (1)
- LOST (55)
- music (82)
- nature (118)
- neighborhood trails (40)
- parenthood (11)
- photography (228)
- poems (167)
- poetry (140)
- politics (61)
- publication announcements (35)
- publishing (1)
- random stuff (114)
- small stones (51)
- stories (16)
- teaching (44)
- the cat (35)
- travel (48)
- true stories (32)
- videos (7)
- walking (5)
- writing (43)
On this day in...
- 2007: Curiosity Blew Up the Town — When I was teaching at a junior high, I once had a kid ask, “What does e=mc2 mean?” Clearly, whatever [...]
- 2007: Eeny Meany Miney Moe — I’m a sucker for a quiz so I couldn’t resist the Washington Post’s choose your candidate quiz. You read a series [...]
- 2006: When Opportunity Dials the Wrong Number — Today there was a message for Vida on my answering machine. Apparently some financial planner would like to help her sort [...]
- 2006: A Tale of Two Molecules — Week seven of the Slate/Treehugger Green Challenge has arrived and this week’s topic is water. Specifically hot water since water [...]
- 2005: Looking Up — Last night, I got my telescope out for the first time in years and set it up in the driveway, [...]
- 2005: Hell’s Belles Salute Austin — On Saturday, we went to see Hell’s Belles, the Seattle-based all female AC/DC tribute band, play Stubb’s. As mentioned in [...]