predawn cold front
the greyhounds race back inside
- Margy: I participated in the GSA & BSA Jamboree...
- Joseph Harker: Thanks for the shout-out, and congrats on...
- James Brush: I agree. Sticking with one text was a really...
- James Brush: Thanks!
- craftygreenpoet: Erasure poetry is fascinating, specially...
- craftygreenpoet: I love this,
- James Brush: Thanks, Dave. I’m really enjoying your...
- Dave Bonta: Glad to have helped spark this. I love it!
- Ron: I enjoyed reading about your first build as I just...
- James Brush: I’m doing a few more with Poe whose...
I usually write about…
- Austin (72)
- backyard wildlife (57)
- birds (156)
- blogging (50)
- books (138)
- food & drink (14)
- greyhounds (137)
- links (1)
- LOST (55)
- music (82)
- nature (118)
- neighborhood trails (40)
- parenthood (11)
- photography (228)
- poems (167)
- poetry (140)
- politics (61)
- publication announcements (35)
- publishing (1)
- random stuff (114)
- small stones (51)
- stories (16)
- teaching (44)
- the cat (35)
- travel (48)
- true stories (32)
- videos (7)
- walking (5)
- writing (43)
On this day in...
- 2010: Gone Mobile — I just installed the WPTouch plugin, which generates a slightly different more mobile-friendly version of Coyote Mercury should you visit [...]
- 2009: Four Good Walks, Four New Birds — Gadwall flying over the pond I usually go walking around the building at lunch. My classroom has no windows and it’s [...]
- 2008: Blind Man’s Bluff — When I was a kid living on Subic Bay Naval Base in the Philippines, the standard school field trip was [...]
- 2007: Weekend Hound Blogging: Holding Down the Couch — This couch ain’t goin’ nowhere. Let’s see, moving from left to right… On Friday, Phoebe ate some CD jewel box. It seemed [...]
- 2006: Welcome to the New Coyote Mercury — Thanks for coming. I’ll be blogging here from now on. There are still some things on this site that may [...]